Open Burning Requirements

Per Pendleton County Ordinance 341.0 (91KB), you must take three actions when doing an open burn (these actions apply at anytime of the year):

  1. Call 911 Dispatch at 859.654.3300 prior to doing any burning at all.
  2. Control the burn while it is ongoing.
  3. Call 911 Dispatch at 859.654.3300 when the burn is complete.

    If you fail to make this notification you may be fined. Additionally, if a neighbor, passerby or anyone else calls 911 Dispatch to report the fire, the Fire Department will be dispatched to your location. You will then be responsible for Fire Department fees that could be as much as $500.00.

Falmouth Open Burning Ordinance

In accordance with
Open Burning Regulation - 401 KAR 63:005 it is illegal to burn garbage or any other materials, except Natural Plant Matter, such as Brush and Woody Debris. 

These regulations are enforced by the Division for Air Quality.

Violating state Air Quality Regulations could result in a fine of up to $25,000 per day.

Do not add tires to a fire. 

It is illegal to burn: Tires and other rubber products, Wire, Treated, Painted or Finished Wood, Plastics, Garbage, Heavy Oils, Asphalt Materials, Building Materials, especially those containing asbestos, Paints, Agricultural and Household Chemicals, Styrofoam, Coated Papers, Metal, Food items, Aerosol Cans, Treated Lumber, Buildings (Houses, Barns, Garages), Construction Debris, Demolition Debris, Drywall, Shingles, Fence Posts, Painted Wood, Pallets, Treated Wood, Wood Mulch, Hay, Animal Bedding, Muck Piles (Horse Manure/Hay) and all Chemical Containers.